Saturday, July 9, 2011

Let The Crazy Out


We act crazy at my workplace. It's our way of dealing with the stress in a positive and mood lifting way. We sing, dance, make noises, and other random acts of insanity. To us it's turning a steam valve to relieve pressure, preventing overload and explosion. Nobody wants that to happen, it can get messy. It's probably my favorite thing about my job, that I can feel comfortable relieving a little bits (or sometimes BIG BITS) of stress. I'm sure some of my coworkers feel the same way.

I encourage that kind of thing. We should all indulge in random acts of crazy (HARMLESS crazy only please) every now and then (or many times a day, depending on your stress level). It's good for our mental health, and will make us more open to new experiences and adventures. We start to let ourselves out of whatever rut we are in and start embracing a new degree of chaos. That is also healthy, because it is impossible to eliminate chaos from our lives and trying to fight it is a losing battle. It is better to gain the flexibility to ride the waves and try to stay positive about every situation.


My advice to you all is to find a group of people who you can feel comfortable being silly, weird, or kookie around and have at it. Let some of that stress and tension go with it. Life can be hard sometimes, but a lot depends on how you deal with it. Personally, I feel happier and more vibrant for it, and I hope I spread some of that to others. On a final note:


~Foxy

No comments:

Post a Comment